Innovation network for sustainable agriculture policies and technologies, food security, and inclusive rural development in Asia and the Pacific.
- Originally created in 2012, as a network of institutions and people that share knowledge on Sustainable Agricultural Technologies and improved Market linkages for selected (South and Southeast) Asian countries.
- Being transformed with strengthened focus on Sustainable Development Policies and expanded geographical coverage, entire Asia and the Pacific.
SATNET-Asia Pacific catalyzes knowledge transfer by facilitating and supporting exchanges among members, including through collecting and disseminating of a portfolio of best practices, lessons learned, innovations and other relevant information.
- Targets various actors along domestic and regional value chains who play roles as change agents and innovators.
- More than 45 institutions in target countries, including government entities, research and academic institutions, NGOs, donors and private sector organizations, are Associates in the Network.
- Over 1,400 individuals from above 200 organizations.
- Open for more members
A platform for researchers and practitioners to share and exchange information on sustainable agriculture policies and technologies, food security, and inclusive rural development in Asia and the Pacific
NEWS on events and key activities of Network participants as well as job, training and funding opportunities;
ACCESS to research publications, policy briefs, factsheets and training materials
DATABASE of information on sustainable agriculture technologies being promoted by Network participants
SOCIAL HUB, an online discussion platform allowing Network participants to engage with one another and comment on information contained in the portal.
SATNET updates : monthly e-mail bulletin
Opening the policy dialogue on the role of technology transfer in agriculture for sustainable development outcomes
10-11 February 2015 | Bogor, Indonesia
Workshop on technology transfer for sustainable agriculture
28 April - 2 May 2014 | Bogor, Indonesia
Expert consultation on strengthening linkages between research and extension to promote food and nutrition security
11-12 December 2013 | Bangkok, Thailand